Galatians Devotional:We all need a guide Read:Galatians 5:16-26
We all know that feeling of walking into a gym for the first time. You want to get in shape, and today is the day you’re going to start! There is one problem: You have no idea what to do. You don’t know anything about fitness or how to use the equipment. You need guidance. There are times in all of our lives where we need counseling to know what to do. At a gym, guidance comes in the form of a personal trainer. In our spiritual lives, our guide is called the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of Jesus sends to us when we accept Jesus as our savior. In John 14:26, Jesus describes the Holy Spirit as our counselor, “whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things.” The Holy Spirit helps us in four ways, according to Galatians 5:]]>
- He helps us overcome sin.
- He helps us follow God’s instructions.
- He produces godly qualities in our lives.
- He encourages us to seek God’s approval not man’s approval.
- Which characteristics of the Holy Spirit do you see in you?
- Which characteristics do you need more of?